GATE Activities Newsletter
- GATE is the acronym for Gifted and Talented Education. The Conejo Valley Unified School District has a District Advisory Council for GATE. This parent group meets once a month to discuss program goals and needs. Aspen has a representative that attends these meetings and brings information back to share with the parents of GATE students.
- Aspen also has a teacher who serves as the GATE coordinator. This teacher attends monthly meetings, shares information with the staff, and helps to coordinate GATE parent meetings that are held at Aspen.
- Gifted students are clustered, which facilitates differentiated instruction and dynamic interaction among students.
- Once students are identified, they remain part of the GATE program.
- Parent permission to participate is on file in the office.
- If you are interested in your student being tested for GATE, talk to your teacher regarding a referral.
GATE DAC UpdateGATE-DAC is a District Advisory Committee that meets to provide information about gifted students and the district's program, review general student progress, plan special events during the year and make recommendations to enhance the program. Attending GATE-DAC meetings and sponsored activities provides you with additional understanding of the district's program and services available to your child. It also give you the opportunity to meet other parents who have similar challenges and concerns.