Enrollment & School Choice
- Students currently attending a CVUSD school, with an address zoned for Redwood, automatically feed to Redwood…you need not do anything!
- If your address is zoned for another Middle School in CVUSD, and you would like your student to attend Redwood, you will need to fill out a School Choice Application. You can verify what school you are zoned for online here.
- If you live in a school district outside of CVUSD, you will need to apply for an Interdistrict Transfer
- If you are zoned for a middle school other than Redwood and you would like your student to attend Redwood you must apply for School Choice.
- On-line forms are available here.
- Applications should be submitted by January 31 in order to be considered “on time” and included in the lottery process.
- Applications are still accepted after January 31st, but will be processed on a case by case basis and may result in your student being placed on a waitlist.
- If you apply for School Choice before January 31st, you will receive an email letter, no later than March 16th, with a determination.
- Once School Choice has been approved, the approved school will contact you with registration procedures.
- If you reside outside of CVUSD boundaries, you will need to apply for an Interdistrict Transfer.
- Information is now available online here.
- Priority deadline for the application is from November 1 to January 31 to be considered on time.
- Interdistrict Transfer applications may still be submitted after January 31, and will be placed on a waitlist.
- The application must be submitted to your district of residence for approval first.
- Upon approval from your district of residence, the transfer then needs to be approved by CVUSD.
- Once a decision has been made on your application, you will receive an email from the Interdistrict Transfer office. Middle School letters will start to be processed on March 1
- At that time, you will also be contacted by the approved school with registration procedures.
Questions? Contact Meridith Knapp, Counseling Sr. Office Assistant, at (805) 497-7264 Ext:1020